Monday, June 13, 2011

Senior Portriats - Digital Files

In the days of film photographers almost never gave away the negatives to their customers, besides most customers would not know what to do with medium format film negatives anyways. Now we live in digital world, and I have clients that want the files to get their own prints and be able to share photos on Facebook. This is a touchy subject for many photographers, some sell digital files and some don’t, I have decided to sell my files because, that is how I share my photos with people and I don’t do that many prints anymore. I do however still have clients that would not know what to do with the digital files and need my help with purchasing prints. As a professional I have access to a pro lab that has products the average person can not get. Many local supermarket and drug store photo labs do not print die cut wallets or have other specialty papers such as metallic and canvas. When choosing a photographer decide what’s important to you, do you need digital files to share with your friends or do you need custom professional prints, or maybe both. Be sure to ask you photographer if files are available and about the quality of their prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment