Thursday, November 11, 2010

Photos From The Front Line

I have many photographs that my grandfather has taken, he was never a professional photographer but he loved taking pictures. I found this photo and I can only assume it is a photo he took of his wall next to his bunk during WWII. He past away several years ago so I can’t ask him about this photo but I do know the people in the photos are my grandfather and my grandmother. I am thinking he took this photo and sent it back home to show my grandma that he has photos of her and is thinking of her all the time. I am sure he looked at these photos before he stormed Omaha beach and carried them with him throughout Europe. Now here we are 65 years later and photos to our troops are just as important but now we send them in Emails instead of V-mail, in 50 or a 100 years from now what are our photographs going to say about us. Technology has made taking photographs and sending photographs so much easier but the magical properties of photographs we cherish still remain. Thank you to all who served to keep the dream of freedom alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment